What's new

downgraded to 384.19

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lavoied

New Around Here
Just to inform you so if someone have a similar setup and problem.

I have 3 AC66U_b1 (2 aimesh)

I upgraded to 386.1_2 about ago and I add many instability problem. Even with a default reset I had Internet disconnecting from the provider, high memory usage (384 was about 25% and 386 was higher than 50%, sometime 90%), voip disconnecting. I probably rebooted 20+ times

I rolled back to 384.19 2 days ago and no more problem.

Just to inform you so if someone have a similar setup and problem.

I have 3 AC66U_b1 (2 aimesh)

I upgraded to 386.1_2 about ago and I add many instability problem. Even with a default reset I had Internet disconnecting from the provider, high memory usage (384 was about 25% and 386 was higher than 50%, sometime 90%), voip disconnecting. I probably rebooted 20+ times

I rolled back to 384.19 2 days ago and no more problem.
Asus 9.0.0.4.386.41994 Beta Version works very well with Aimesh. I have an AC66U_B1 root router with two AC68U AiMesh nodes. Have been up and stable since the firmware was released on 2021/02/01.

Asus 9.0.0.4.386.41994 Beta Version works very well with Aimesh. I have an AC66U_B1 root router with two AC68U AiMesh nodes. Have been up and stable since the firmware was released on 2021/02/01.
I'm curious, do the Asus firmware 386 versions also cause the routers to run hotter? I suspect it's likely no different than the Merlin 386 versions.

My setup is also 3 x AC66U_B1 in AiMesh. I moved to 386.1_2 smoothly and painlessly, now it works very reliably for me. Honestly, I cannot imagine downgrading to AiMesh 1.0. Did you try to switch the main router with one of the nodes?

My setup is also 3 x AC66U_B1 in AiMesh. I moved to 386.1_2 smoothly and painlessly, now it works very reliably for me. Honestly, I cannot imagine downgrading to AiMesh 1.0. Did you try to switch the main router with one of the nodes?
I would have prefered to stay at 386 because I really like aimesh 2.0 but I did not have choice it was just to unstable for me. Since I downgraded, things are running fine. I'll try to upgrade again in a few months for sure! No, I did not try to switch router, but it is a nice idea. I reset to default settings each time.

Ju
I would have prefered to stay at 386 because I really like aimesh 2.0 but I did not have choice it was just to unstable for me. Since I downgraded, things are running fine. I'll try to upgrade again in a few months for sure! No, I did not try to switch router, but it is a nice idea. I reset to default settings each time.
The same here. Saved like 8 °C.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!