1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

[Download] Asuswrt source code links removed ??

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by kernol, Apr 29, 2019.

1. kernol

kernol Senior Member

Has anyone else found it impossible to find download links to asuswrt source code?

In the fairly recent past - you simply had to select "Others" as operating system under Drivers & Tools for your model - then click Firmware - expand all ... and the latest source code link was available.

I have tried a number of site locations - USA- UK - RSA etc ... and none show the source code links anymore?

Is this the beginning of the end for access to Asus Open Source GPL ?? :eek:

2. dave14305

dave14305 Part of the Furniture

kernol and QuikSilver like this.
  3. dave14305

dave14305 Part of the Furniture

kernol and QuikSilver like this.
  4. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Could be a temporary issue with their website.

Asus providing GPL code is not gonna stop anytime soon. First reason being they are legally required to do so.

L&LD likes this.
  5. kernol

kernol Senior Member

Many thanks ... and my apologies ... - should have tried different browsers before I posted :rolleyes:.

Turns out Chrome won't produce the goods - but both FireFox and Edge will - go figure :(.

HuskyHerder and dave14305 like this.
  6. jsbeddow

jsbeddow Regular Contributor

I can confirm this odd behavior, have seen it frequently on the Asus site: the results vary depending on browser used, whether mobile or desktop, every variant needs to be checked if you get a mysterious "not found" result on their site (for an item that you know "should" be there).

kernol likes this.