What's new

Download Master: "Clear Completed Tasks" nukes the feature

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

marty33

New Around Here
The setup:
Two (new) Asus AX58U's, aiMeshed via ethernet cable
both with Merlin firmware 386.1
main router with Download Master ver. 3.1.0.108
Two torrents were on the USB stick: a completed one and one in progress (both from wiki.kiwix.org)
(There are no other scripts on the router, nothing from trend micro. It is a relatively simple setup.)

The BIG regret:
I clicked on the "Clear Completed Tasks", naively believing this would just purge the outdated torrent file.

What this actually did:
Within seconds both the old task AND the in progress task disappeared. (The in progress task was about 40 of 80 GB complete.)

How I (unsuccessfully) tried to recover (none of this worked):
attempt 1) rebooted the router. Still not there.
attempt 2) added a smaller bit torrent kiwix file (less than a GB) as a test. The task disappears within seconds.
attempt 3) replaced the USB stick with a different (new) usb stick, formated to ext3, same as the other one. Reinstalled download master on this second USB stick, put small torrent on said new USB stick. No dice.
attempt 4) (flurry of reboots, reformats, retries, reinstalls of download master. nothing worked)
attempt 5) reloaded (blank) JFSS from the previous day, rebooted. Still does not work.

What worked:
installed Download Master on the node router. Torrent is now downloading on this router just fine... unless I click on that "Clear Completed Tasks" button -- which I will not do.

Download master on the main router still does not work. Worse, on the main router two of the CPU's are pegged at 100%, even with nearly no internet traffic. My suspicion is that the tasks are running in the background, and I cannot see the torrents.