What's new

Download Master consuming outgoing bandwith

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

flyboytyler

Occasional Visitor
This week I purchased an RT-N66R router, running firmware 3.0.0.4.1763

One of the features I purchased it for the was the bit torrent client. I have found an issue though, whenever I enable the download master, the router consumes my outgoing bandwidth, not sure what it is sending, or where it is sending it, it is a bit of a concern though. I have tried the following:

1. I set my torrent settings to 5kb up.
2. For amule I set the ip address to 127.0.0.1, as I read somewhere that might be the issue.

Neither of these steps have resolved the problem, I have powered off the router numerous times to see if it is something that only changes after a reboot, no difference.

Right now, if I want to use the torrent feature, I have to enable and disable the download master, otherwise I have no bandwidth left outgoing to do anything else.

Oh also, to be clear, I have emptied the torrent folders to make sure it isn't just a case of the 5kb upload not being honored.

After reading other posts in other forums, I discovered that the RT-N66R is just an RT-N66U, so I decided to install the Merlin firmware (love the extra features thank you). I installed 220.18 yet experience the same issue

Would love to be able to use this feature without losing my outgoing speed.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Carl

Try completely disabling aMule, to ensure there are no inbound connections to it.

Try completely disabling aMule, to ensure there are no inbound connections to it.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, how do I disable aMule?

I have two options:

Setup aMule server to download files:
aMule Server IP (Set to 127.0.0.1)
aMule Server Port (Set to 1176)

And the buttons below that are no longer there, just the rotating red square as I guess it is trying to connect to 127.0.0.1

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!