What's new

download master disconnects HDD

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shooter40sw

Hi guys after upgrade to 372-2, (did not heavy download nothing on the 354 FW but on the 270 I did with no issues, all Merlin Builds) The HDD USB keeps turning off, the light indicator goes down on the router does not detect no longer the HDD, in the system logs I just see the router reset itself, it starts all services the ntp watch goes to December 31 , this happens randomly, but usually very early after the download begins, before this happens in the logs I see this ul 19 06:30:09 kernel: usb 1-1.1: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 8, then the name of the download,its an external 160GB HDD, please any other work around that does not involve installing entware?, And if there is no other way around in the time, does entware need to be installed on a ext3 partition and always connected? what happens to the router if this is not connected, I dont want to damage the router (N66U).. And I want to keep things simple, thanks.

Hi guys after upgrade to 372-2, (did not heavy download nothing on the 354 FW but on the 270 I did with no issues, all Merlin Builds) The HDD USB keeps turning off, the light indicator goes down on the router does not detect no longer the HDD, in the system logs I just see the router reset itself, it starts all services the ntp watch goes to December 31 , this happens randomly, but usually very early after the download begins, before this happens in the logs I see this ul 19 06:30:09 kernel: usb 1-1.1: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 8, then the name of the download,its an external 160GB HDD, please any other work around that does not involve installing entware?, And if there is no other way around in the time, does entware need to be installed on a ext3 partition and always connected? what happens to the router if this is not connected, I dont want to damage the router (N66U).. And I want to keep things simple, thanks.

If your hard disk keeps dropping them this is strictly a hardware issue. Make sure it gets enough power (2.5" HDDs that only get their power over USB will often have stability issues). You could try changing the USB cable, or plugging it in the other port to see if it helps.

Thanks for the reply, but should the whole router reboot? thats what makes me uncertain, I need to power cycle the Disc if I want the router to detect it, if I reboot the router or unplug the USB and plug it again it does not detect it, Indeed its an old HDD disc with an external power source, I need to test it on the other usb port and change the cable. thanks

The USB port might get stuck in an invalid state, which requires the reboot to reset it.

yes i also noted a few of those unauthorize restart. i believe i have the same problem. but it never happend in the stock 270.

Merlin was correct, Im testing another HDD but this one is a WD 500MB with no external power source, in more than 2 hours it has not disconnected, and there are no error logs, with Download Manager running, if there is any change I´ll let you know. Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!