What's new

Download Master not working after update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rwnf

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

I recently updated the download master tool using the built-in updater. After that when I enter the downloader IP (192.168.1.1:8081) it no longer works. I've updated to 3.0.0.4_374.35_4-sdk5, uninstalled and reinstalled the downloader and still no luck. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Reset router, update firmware again through Ethernet cable. Let the firmware install, wait few min and do another reset.

If that doesn't fix it, then it might be firmware issue.

Hello,

I recently updated the download master tool using the built-in updater. After that when I enter the downloader IP (192.168.1.1:8081) it no longer works. I've updated to 3.0.0.4_374.35_4-sdk5, uninstalled and reinstalled the downloader and still no luck. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Delete asusware folder from usb disk and reinstall DM, or better install transmission.

Delete asusware folder from usb disk and reinstall DM, or better install transmission.
This, plus 100. Get rid of DownloadMaster. It's a resource intensive hog and junk. With the Entware/Transmission setup, there's no more disabling aMule, no hangs, no weird problems with the router.

Do it. It's awesome. You'll thank yourself.

I have been very interested in installing entware, and I have found this guide: https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Installing-Transmission-through-Entware

But I'm fairly inexperienced with this. I have only really used the Terminal in OS X. How do you open the terminal to edit things as necessary to install Transmission?

Also, what methods would you recommend for formatting as Ext2 or Ext3? I do not have a linux machine (though I could easily set one up virtually) but do have OS X and Windows.

Thanks!

Ok, I've uninstalled DownloadMaster and I've got Entware installed (I think), as well as transmission, but I get this error when I try to access it:

404: Not Found

Couldn't find Transmission's web interface files!

Users: to tell Transmission where to look, set the TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME environment variable to the folder where the web interface's index.html is located.

Package Builders: to set a custom default at compile time, #define PACKAGE_DATA_DIR in libtransmission/platform.c or tweak tr_getClutchDir() by hand.

Any ideas?