What's new

Download Speed issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clvk07

Hi

Since March I noticed that the download speed is down from 500MB to around 300Mb. I thought it was to do with ISP congestion during Covid....
Last week I connected the Netgear Orbi as the main router and got back 500MB. Connected back the AC86U and back down to 300MB.

I am running the latest Merlin, with JFS partition enabled. I also tried without the entware USB connected.

Any ideas?

The 'latest RMerlin' doesn't mean anything. What is the specific firmware version you are running?

What features, options and scripts do you run on your router?

What are your up/down ISP speeds?

What client device did you use to test with? Wired, wireless? Handheld device or a computer? What specific test(s)? What browser(s)?

Btw, the JFFS partition is always enabled on the current firmware. Even if Scripting support isn't.

Latest Merlin for AC86U 384.19, was also happening with 384.18 and 17. I only Run Diversion, Skynet and Spdmerlin. I used the Orbi Router in AP mode built in speed test connected to the AC86U and also tried speedtest on edge connected via wired from laptop to the router.

ISP downoad speeds are 500MB download and 50mb Upload.

What does the HW accelerator indicators show at Tools, Sysinfo, Network show?

Turn off QoS or update the up/down speeds to their proper values and reboot the router.

Check that the speeds have returned. :)

Yes, as does AiProtection and Traffic Analyzer among other settings (to varying degrees, depending on the router).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!