What's new

Draytek Vigor 130 & Asus dsl ac68u set up and firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ian72

Occasional Visitor
View attachment 18037 View attachment 18038 View attachment 18039 View attachment 18040 View attachment 18041 View attachment 18041 View attachment 18037 View attachment 18038 View attachment 18039 View attachment 18040 Hi Guys,

For the last few months I've had problems with my Bt infinity 2 connection which used to be a very stable 70mbps/16mbps with minimal issues even though I've a busy household using it for gaming,streamin browsing the usual.

Then the speed began to drop with high ping spikes lots of latency while gaming buffering while streaming etc,to cut a long story short after many calls and a few engineer visits nothing has really been found to cause the issue apart from some interference on the line between the exchange and the cabinet.

So I decided to buy a router as I've read on different forums that it can help with your connection and improve speeds if your lucky and use things like qos etc

So I bought the Asus Dsl ac68u then discovered the modem in it isn't the best and not approved by Bt so i got the Draytek 130 to go with it.

I'll post the screenshots of how I've got it set up and could anyone be kind enough to check if I've got it set up in the best way possible please?

Also today I've had a visit from a Bt engineer again for a dlm reset and he changed the ports in the cabinet.

I also thought about the custom firmware that I see you can now get for the dsl ac68u,I'm especially interested in the qos script.

Can anyone advise how I go about installing it and scripts for a complete noob?
Could it be installed now or do I need to wait for the dlm to stabilise where it was reset?

I've enabled a setting under special requirement for isp which allows me to log into the modem set up pages on my browser,not sure If I should leave this enabled and if it will slow down speeds.
View attachment 18036
Sorry for the long post

Attachments

• modem1.PNG
    modem1.PNG
    5.6 KB · Views: 375
  • modem2.PNG
    modem2.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 488
  • modem 3.jpg
    modem 3.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 395