What's new

Dropdownlist for Policy routing.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sonyrolfy

@RMerlin Feature Request: Is it possible to make/create a client name dropdownlist in the section: VPN client for Offline Source IP's when policy routing is desired? This would be wonderful in terms of convenience and adding clients error free with different IP's by head or copy paste from a source. Thanks.

It's already there.

upload_2020-3-19_10-9-26.png

Thanks @RMerlin But i was talking about a dropdownlist for offline clients. For my reference i check the System Log - DHCP leases later a night. Devices come and go during the day. I would be great when offline clients/ip's can be added to selective VPN clients by a dropdownlist, at a later stage. Something similar like the LAN - DHCP Server page, where offline clients can be added for manual IP's and client names when offline. Hope it makes sense. Thanks!

Thanks @RMerlin But i was talking about a dropdownlist for offline clients. For my reference i check the System Log - DHCP leases later a night. Devices come and go during the day. I would be great when offline clients/ip's can be added to selective VPN clients by a dropdownlist, at a later stage. Something similar like the LAN - DHCP Server page, where offline clients can be added for manual IP's and client names when offline. Hope it makes sense. Thanks!

Offline clients cannot provide an IP address, as they are only known as a name and a MAC.

@Sonyrolfy you may want to set up manually assigned IP addresses for those clients. Then you should be able to do what you need.

Offline clients cannot provide an IP address, as they are only known as a name and a MAC.

I'm using the wrong terminology :confused: I refresh my question: Is it possible to make a dropdownlist in the vpn client section for offline source ip's, after I manually gave devices an IP and name on the LAN - DHCP Server page?
upload_2020-3-19_21-9-21.png

I'm using the wrong terminology :confused: I refresh my question: Is it possible to make a dropdownlist in the vpn client section for offline source ip's, after I manually gave devices an IP and name on the LAN - DHCP Server page?
View attachment 22045

No, I understood you perfectly. That offline list cannot be used to reliably provide an IP address, it's primarily used to store a name and a MAC address. Clients on this list often have no IP address attached to them, or they might share the IP address with another client, making it unreliable.

No, I understood you perfectly. That offline list cannot be used to reliably provide an IP address, it's primarily used to store a name and a MAC address. Clients on this list often have no IP address attached to them, or they might share the IP address with another client, making it unreliable.

Now I understand, i had to give it some thought tough. I remembered adding some offline clients on the LAN - DHCP Server page without a IP address but with a client name/MAC address and manually gave it a ip address, and then sometimes the networkmap client list gave me a overview with client name, sharing a IP address, marked with a 2. Thanks for your explanation !

Seems like I was similarly off-track on my suggestion above? Unless there is a way to use a specific VPN IP with a client?

Seems like I was similarly off-track on my suggestion above? Unless there is a way to use a specific VPN IP with a client?

If you're asking me? you weren't off-track. the stage were I manually added IP addresses to offline clients on the LAN - DHCP Server page were created already by myself, but offline source ip's couldn't be found on the VPN client page. After asking @RMerlin to create such a offline list on the vpn client page. it turns out to be unreliable. If you're asking @RMerlin then ignore my answer :)

If you're asking me? you weren't off-track. the stage were I manually added IP addresses to offline clients on the LAN - DHCP Server page were created already by myself, but offline source ip's couldn't be found on the VPN client page. After asking @RMerlin to create such a offline list on the vpn client page. it turns out to be unreliable. If you're asking @RMerlin then ignore my answer :)
x3mRouting has a feature that will allow you to assign the interface to clients that have been assigned a static IP address. The clients can be offline or online. The only requirement is to have static DHCP reservations.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!