What's new

Dropped IP & Ranges in Skynet this morning

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dickensr4lf

New Around Here
I noticed this morning in my routers weblog that Skynet the number of IPs banned by Skynet dropped from 39,813 to 25,839 (-13,974) and the number of banned ranges dropped from 1,768 to 1,605 (-163). My log says this happened at 6:25AM EST. I've not done any of these changes myself. I expect to see these numbers increase over time, but not a large drop like this. What is happening here, and should we be concerned?

Try updating the malware lists again in case it was a temporary download problem.

Try updating the malware lists again in case it was a temporary download problem.
Interesting. That actually added 13,455 IPs and 139 Ranges back to the list. (39,294 & 1,744 respectively). Thanks for the tip, but I'm uneasy about not knowing the root cause of this.

Interesting. That actually added 13,455 IPs and 139 Ranges back to the list. (39,294 & 1,744 respectively). Thanks for the tip, but I'm uneasy about not knowing the root cause of this.

It's highly likely one of the lists Skynet uses was down, blank, or unable to be reached. These lists are updated by other 3rd parties on a regular basis and can make mistakes, or dealing with issues beyond their control. It usually corrects itself.