What's new

DSL-AC68U repeated with a DSL-N55U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MarcZA

New Around Here
Hey Guys,

Really hoping someone can help. My primary router is a DSL-AC68U running a 40mb VDSL connection. However the signal struggles through part of the house and so I am trying to get my previous DSL-N55U to run in some kind of repeater mode so that I can make use of the Gigabit ports on it as well, as I require gigabit in both locations. With the normal Asus software I have not managed to get WDS to work correctly, even after taking off the security and making it an open connection. I was wondering if there is any feature in Merlin that if I upgrade both routers to, that will allow me to do this. I also do not want to broadcast so many networks ( at the moment I am using a little Asus repeater and it broadcasts 2 new networks) Can anyone assis and tell me if this would be possible with Merlin, or if anyone has a better idea on how to do this I would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance !! Marc.

Sorry, I don't know of any. But that's because it's not something I've ever looked for.