What's new

DSL-AC68U Router Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mr A

New Around Here
Hi, just been given a dsl-ac68u router
I have used some of the settings taken from my previous router, and although it said that Ethernet WAN is connected, and It shows my IP address, I cannot access any web page.
Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-02-21 18-49-08.png
    Screenshot from 2017-02-21 18-49-08.png
    214 KB · Views: 452
  • Screenshot from 2017-02-21 18-23-59.png
    Screenshot from 2017-02-21 18-23-59.png
    202 KB · Views: 448
How can I make them bigger then? I have resize them in Gimp to just below 4mb, as that seems to be the max size for upload...:(

The images you have uploaded are just over 200kb so I don't know why you think they're 4Mb. :confused:

When I checked the image properties it shows 3.3mb and 2.8mb.
So I am not sure what is going on

I notice that you have setup your WAN connection with a static IP address. I suggest that you re-run the Quick Internet Setup and let it automatically choose the connection type. See if that helps.

Hi Colin, thanks for the reply. I have used the settings from the old router, and I do have a static IP address.
I will try to rerun the set up again, and see what happens, but I still would like to use my static IP address though...
Cheers

Mr-A, do you have ping to the DNS servers you've configured?
What's advertised to the clients on the lan(and wlan)?