What's new

DSL-AC68U source code

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xantier

Occasional Visitor
Is the source in the downloads section full source of the modem and router?

https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/DSLAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/
Select OS: Others you can see latest source.

Because I wonder why Merlin or any other custom firmware refuse to support DSL-AC68U if there are already sources for the DSL part. And also I'd like to do some changes on the minidlna source to make it able to index HDDs with huge amount of files without running out of memory (I keep getting Cannot Allocate Memory errors for certain files in the disk when DLNA build the database).

HGG made a recent custom firmware for DSL-AC68U, so definitely yes it is possible, but dont know if there is all you need.

Because I wonder why Merlin or any other custom firmware refuse to support DSL-AC68U if there are already sources for the DSL part.
Merlin has previously stated that he won't support the DSL- versions because he doesn't have any way of testing them. He's also had to drop support for some of the existing routers in preference for the newer ones because the amount of work involved.

Merlin has previously stated that he won't support the DSL- versions because he doesn't have any way of testing them. He's also had to drop support for some of the existing routers in preference for the newer ones because the amount of work involved.

So is it possible to "combine" DSL sources with the merlin fw sources, is there any strict restriction for it?

So is it possible to "combine" DSL sources with the merlin fw sources, is there any strict restriction for it?
No idea. I suggest you start by trying to compile the source code in the first instance and take it from there.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!