What's new

DSL-AC68U wlan slow on laptops but good on mobiles

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jezezze

New Around Here
So my new DSL-AC68U router has slow wireless connection speed on both 2.4G and 5G frequencies. What is weird is that the speed is slow only on my two windows computers but normal on ps4, mobile and smart tv. Ps4 uses wired connection. There is built in interned speed tester on the router whick shows excellent numbers so everything should be okay in my isp end.

Wifi worked fine on my computers with my old router so there must be something weird in my new router settings.
I get best speed with mobile on 5G freq so I use that. I scanned the channels and there is plenty on unused channels there. 2.4G side looks quite crowdy.

In mobile speedtest gives steady 90 Mb/s and in laptop it first starts at 30 Mb/s and then drops to 1 Mb/s and sometimes even to 0.

Windows shows wifi connection to be 802.11n but both, my computer and router support 802.11ac. Maybe that causes problems?

Any suggestions on what to do to router to fix wifi speed on computers?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!