What's new

DSL-AC68VG Missing Options

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RadiatorTwo

New Around Here
Came here in search of some help with my new DSL-AC68VG.
I had an RT-AC68U before, but switched to that one because of Super Vectoring (VDSL2 Profile 35b) and the integrated DECT.
Which both work perfectly fine.

But I´m missing two things:
1. In the DHCP options is no field to enter a custom DNS Server anymore
2. There is no option to activate Telnet

Asus Support is no help at all. They asked for a screenshot and since then don´t react anymore.

Has anybody else also that device or can confirm that these options are missing?
Is there any way to get Telnet without the option in the web interface?

I´m on the latest Firmware.
Maybe should I go to an older version?
Question is where can I get one? (Nevermind found two older Versions on the Asus website)

I'm not familiar with the DSL- routers, but on the RT- models the option to enable telnet was removed years ago for security reasons. But you can use SSH instead.

I'm not familiar with the DSL- routers, but on the RT- models the option to enable telnet was removed years ago for security reasons. But you can use SSH instead.
Same thing. I don´t see any option for SSH. And when trying to connect I only get "Connection Refused".

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue.
were you able to enable telnet or SSH on this router?

You need to start your own thread.

This thread is 3 years old and the original poster hasn't been back since he first posted.