What's new

dsl-ac88u mitigate bufferbloat

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You have to provide details of where you are currently (and what you may have tried) before we can tell you the direction to go to get to your goal. :)

i attached screenshots of my current setting but when i upload kill my connection and download not work

1.png 2.png 3.png

i attached screenshots of my current setting but when i upload kill my connection and download not work
Is your download bandwidth really 1 Mbps? What is your upload bandwidth?

EDIT: Sorry, I don't speak Italian and misunderstood the word "caricamento" (upload).

What are you uploading? How big is the file and to what server/service?

With such a low ISP plan, it is no wonder your connection 'dies' when you're saturating the upload link.

You need to test and set the upload in QoS somewhere between 85% and 95% of your maximum 1Mbps upload speed, not your maximum (otherwise, no QoS is happening).

Also, make sure you are entering the download and upload numbers in the correct box (they are easy to get mixed up).

Also, make sure you are entering the download and upload numbers in the correct box (they are easy to get mixed up).
The DSL-AC88U is not like the RT- models. You can only specify the upload bandwidth.

Thank you @ColinTaylor, then that 1Mbps speed just needs to be adjusted down until the network remains useable even while @camaran is uploading as fast as possible. :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!