dsl-ac88u mitigate bufferbloat

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
You have to provide details of where you are currently (and what you may have tried) before we can tell you the direction to go to get to your goal. :)

camaran

Occasional Visitor
i attached screenshots of my current setting but when i upload kill my connection and download not work

1.png 2.png 3.png

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
i attached screenshots of my current setting but when i upload kill my connection and download not work
Is your download bandwidth really 1 Mbps? What is your upload bandwidth?

EDIT: Sorry, I don't speak Italian and misunderstood the word "caricamento" (upload).

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
What are you uploading? How big is the file and to what server/service?

With such a low ISP plan, it is no wonder your connection 'dies' when you're saturating the upload link.

You need to test and set the upload in QoS somewhere between 85% and 95% of your maximum 1Mbps upload speed, not your maximum (otherwise, no QoS is happening).

Also, make sure you are entering the download and upload numbers in the correct box (they are easy to get mixed up).

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
Also, make sure you are entering the download and upload numbers in the correct box (they are easy to get mixed up).
The DSL-AC88U is not like the RT- models. You can only specify the upload bandwidth.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Thank you @ColinTaylor, then that 1Mbps speed just needs to be adjusted down until the network remains useable even while @camaran is uploading as fast as possible. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!