What's new

DSL-AC88U range extender required

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Afterburned

New Around Here
I got the DSL-AC88U last year to replace the EE supplied router so that I could have a bit of parental controls - and they are not too bad for a non-subscription basis, does what I need (kids devices off at night, streaming video banned for 1 kid's devices!).
When the router was in the study (center of the house) all was good. However the phone wiring is a bit dodgy and we had to move it to the master socket (one corner of the house) - now my bedroom and the study get quite a weak signal. I have played with the aerials and improved slightly but still not perfect.
Is there a range extender option out there that I can use that will keep the parental controls working? Can't find anything of use on ASUS site or Google searches...

Instead of getting a range extender, pay to get the wiring repaired or brought up to par instead. You 'know' that works.