What's new

DSL modem bridged to N66u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Carlos M.

Regular Contributor
Hi, I want use my N66u as tthe main router on my network and use my Zyxel 660 as a DSL modem.
It's so easy to do, I know and... with Tomato I done perfectly but...

I moved to Merlin and now I can't get up my PPPoE from the router to the modem.

I suspect that the problem is with the LAN portas and WAN ports.

I wire one lan port on my modem to the WAN port in my Asus but... the other LAN ports on the Asus can't reach internet.

Anybody knows which connection schema I must use.

Thanks

Zyxel 660 as a DSL modem.
hi

first you must ensure the Zyxel 660 is in full bridge mode

then you just set the asus wan port for pppoe and enter the isp user name and password

I wire one lan port on my modem to the WAN port in my Asus
correct

the other LAN ports on the Asus can't reach internet.
so with the asus connected to the modem via its wan port and your comp connected to a lan port on the asus open the asus gui @ 192.168.1.1

use the quick start wizard and select pppoe as the connection method and enter the isp user name and password as required

-------------------
however once bridged you cant use the other ports on the Zyxel 660 for anything , only the asus should be connected to the Zyxel 660

hi

first you must ensure the Zyxel 660 is in full bridge mode

then you just set the asus wan port for pppoe and enter the isp user name and password

correct

so with the asus connected to the modem via its wan port and your comp connected to a lan port on the asus open the asus gui @ 192.168.1.1

use the quick start wizard and select pppoe as the connection method and enter the isp user name and password as required

-------------------
however once bridged you cant use the other ports on the Zyxel 660 for anything , only the asus should be connected to the Zyxel 660
Thanks dude, I'll check this config