What's new

DSL-N55U_C1 VPN Client Status Remains Blank

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sprocket

New Around Here
My ageing N55U works fine for our needs but I'm having a problem with setting it up as a VPN client. I'd like to install VPN profiles to cover all the devices on my network and although I can get PIA and Express to run by following the usual setup instructions, the GUI never shows if or when one of them is active; the status column remains blank and the Activate button doesn't change to "Deactivate" as it should. Worse still, although I can turn a VPN on, stopping it requires that I restore the settings from a cfg backup.

I can't find any reference to this issue and Asus support was hopeless as they simply couldn't understand the problem.

Setup: Fibre 30/10 connection using the ISP's ZTE router set as a bridge, wired Gb ethernet, wireless behaves OK, 6-8 devices in total. My ISP has Carrier Grade NAT which caused a lot of port forwarding confusion and I mention it only in case it has a bearing on the VPN issue.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!