What's new

DSL-N66U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rimmel

Occasional Visitor
Hi, new member, I have been running pixelserv on a linksys router for a couple of years now, but getting more and more HTTPS web page spam/ads. So I was looking at the TLS version here. I noticed that the merlin firmware is tied to the Asus units quite tightly. I already run a DSL-N66U (But I dont use the DSL part!)

Will the Merlin firmware work with the DSL-N66U? e.g. could i load it and happily lose the dsl functionality - so it turns it into a RT-N66U???

thanks in advance.
Rimmel

No. Completely different hardware from the RT-N66U.

Hi, new member, I have been running pixelserv on a linksys router for a couple of years now, but getting more and more HTTPS web page spam/ads. So I was looking at the TLS version here. I noticed that the merlin firmware is tied to the Asus units quite tightly. I already run a DSL-N66U (But I dont use the DSL part!)

Will the Merlin firmware work with the DSL-N66U? e.g. could i load it and happily lose the dsl functionality - so it turns it into a RT-N66U???

Might consider a Pi2 with Pi-Hole perhaps - it's a nice solution and the team there keeps it current...

https://pi-hole.net