What's new

Dual-Stack Lite tunnel (DS-lite IPv4 over IPv6) Support

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nuschnuschi

New Around Here
Sorry for poor english.

I tried to find ways to enable DS-lite on Asus merlin.
And I tried to setup it manualy but "ip6_tunnel" is not found in modules.dep

I think odhcp6c supports DS-Lite but I could not find a way to enable it.

I found a script for DS-lite in here.
https://github.com/Entware/Entware/tree/master/package/network/ipv6/ds-lite
I think it is package for openwrt.
I could not find a install package of ds-lite on entware repo.

In OpenWRT, Network configuration file is located "/etc/config/network"
But I don't know how to configure network manualy in Asus merlin.

Is there any way to enable DS-lite on ASUS merlin (with entware)?

The built-in DDNS implementation is lightweight - why overcomplicate it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DDNS will guide you into making a 4to6 tunnel

I suggest you start at he.net with their free IPv6 certification program, and then use your sign-in credentials to access the tunnelbroker.net site

Merlin’s firmware has everything built in. It took not even 10 minutes.

DDNS will guide you into making a 4to6 tunnel

I suggest you start at he.net with their free IPv6 certification program, and then use your sign-in credentials to access the tunnelbroker.net site

Merlin’s firmware has everything built in. It took not even 10 minutes.

DS-Lite is 4in6 tunnel, 4over6(IPoE) technology. It's not 6in4 or 4to6...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6_transition_mechanism#Dual-Stack_Lite_(DS-Lite)
My ISP provides IPv6 Network directory(IPoE). So I need IPv4 in IPv6 tunnel mechanism.
OpenWRT supports DS-lite but it does not support 5Ghz WIFI Driver for my router.

DS-Lite is 4in6 tunnel, 4over6(IPoE) technology. It's not 6in4 or 4to6...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6_transition_mechanism#Dual-Stack_Lite_(DS-Lite)
My ISP provides IPv6 Network directory(IPoE). So I need IPv4 in IPv6 tunnel mechanism.
OpenWRT supports DS-lite but it does not support 5Ghz WIFI Driver for my router.

That’s what I was suggesting. Your network, from your router inwards (your LAN) is ipv4, and from the piece of equipment your ISP provides to their WAN is IPv6 (which makes complete sense from a scalability perspective after looking into IPoE) - your interface box between your LAN and the WAN you pay to access should have a Static IP addy that is v6. DDNS will translate your LAN’s v4 addresses to v6 in their tunnel to your ISP etc.

(Where in this world are you located? This is wonderfully modern and forward looking, from my backwoods North American perspective)

That’s what I was suggesting. Your network, from your router inwards (your LAN) is ipv4, and from the piece of equipment your ISP provides to their WAN is IPv6 (which makes complete sense from a scalability perspective after looking into IPoE) - your interface box between your LAN and the WAN you pay to access should have a Static IP addy that is v6. DDNS will translate your LAN’s v4 addresses to v6 in their tunnel to your ISP etc.

(Where in this world are you located? This is wonderfully modern and forward looking, from my backwoods North American perspective)

Currently, My Asus router's IPv6 setting is set as "Passthrough".
So my devices can connect to IPv6 network and get IPv6 Address directory.
But Asus merlin does not support DS-Lite.
I live in Japan. DS-Lite is major technology in Japan and Germany. I think.

ipv4 over ipv6.
Mainly used in Japan.

Ah, that explains the elegance of it. Plus, it’d be dead simple to deploy, or rebuild in the case of earthquakes.

ipv4 over ipv6.
Mainly used in Japan.
I heard that the buffalo router is famous.
I think it's hard to find an answer here.

Correct.
I know, buying a new router will solve the problem.
I was looking for any way to port OpenWRT's DS-Lite to Asus marlin before replece my router.
If There is no solution, I give up.

Correct.
I know, buying a new router will solve the problem.
I was looking for any way to port OpenWRT's DS-Lite to Asus marlin before replece my router.
If There is no solution, I give up.
Please go to this blog and read:
http://www.makikiweb.com/ipv6/blog04_connecting_to_teksavvy.html
pay attention at the DNS Bummer part near the end/bottom - in your case, you don't need the Dynamic part of DDNS, but the 4to6 tunnelling is easy.
Seriously: 10 minutes and tunnelbroker.

uh-oh, so I just bought an AX820U and I could connect to ipv6 no problems with my previous ISP. I just switched ISP and now it seems I cannot connect without dslite.
Am I really gonna have to ditch this new RX82U?