What's new

Dual WAN and Port Forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HRearden

Occasional Visitor
I tried out the Dual WAN feature the other day using an Android phone on USB as Secondary. I have several port forwards which seemed to quit working as long as Dual WAN was enabled (secondary connection was not necessary). The port forwards would not work while using Primary WAN until I disabled Dual WAN and then they immediately started working again.
Has anyone else seen that behaviour?
I am using 380.68 on AC68U
rearden

I tried out the Dual WAN feature the other day using an Android phone on USB as Secondary. I have several port forwards which seemed to quit working as long as Dual WAN was enabled (secondary connection was not necessary). The port forwards would not work while using Primary WAN until I disabled Dual WAN and then they immediately started working again.
Has anyone else seen that behaviour?
I am using 380.68 on AC68U
rearden
Most likely your Android's 3G/4G mobile provider implements CGNAT, which blocks any kind of port forwarding

EDIT: just noticed you've said it was merely enabling Dual WAN, rather than using the secondary connection, so my point is likely irrelevant!