What's new

Dual-WAN Config via TP-Link TL-ER6020

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clikdude

New Around Here
:confused: Problem: Can't access internal Gateway IPs "consistently" from internal network. Perhaps I need some static routes? But how?

TL;DR

I have setup a TL-ER6020 on a small network, with a Dual WAN configuration to two separate AT&T ADSL Lines.

Here are the details:
Code:
      AT&T PACE 5268AC Gateway/Router
          |
           \
            \
            WAN 1 DynIP: <AT&T Public IP via DMZPlus: 107.*.*.*>
            /
           /
          |
      Router IP: 192.168.2.254 (Net: 192.168.2.0/24)

Load Balancing is configured for both App affinity, as well as Bandwidth balancing. Testing works perfectly.

So what's the problem? Well, from the internal network (192.168.0.0/24) very often my workstation (or any workstation for that matter) cannot reach (ping, traceroute or otherwise) either the 192.168.1.254 or the 192.168.2.254, or both addresses, essentially preventing access to manage the Gateway Routers.

Sometimes the route is "just there", and everything is fine. But often it is not, and no matter what static route configuration I setup, I cannot get it to work.

What have I improperly configured above, or what could be done better to get the internal IP routing to work?

I have attempted Static Routes that were "seemingly" correct, and enabled RIP (v1/v2) and no joy. I am at a loss as to how to correctly configure this, and sorry to say, TP-Link support was similarly incapable of helping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

configure your static routes, honestly mikrotik does way better in this situation and the sort of routing i've achieved with it (i didnt even have to configure the static routes).

Make sure your routes are correct and the weightage, post your route table here so i can check. Also your router will need to have multiple IP addresses for every network. Last i check tp-link didnt support this (or many consumer routers) and ubiquiti wont do this using the same interface.

What gather from your diagram is you have to AT&T modem/ routers running in router mode connecting to your ER6120. So you are using double NAT.

RIP will only work if the AT&T router supports RIP also which I would guess not. RIP is a hand shake and pass off of routing data.

My guess is you are getting load balanced to the other WAN port.