What's new

Dual-WAN connections issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

e_lasman

Occasional Visitor
I'm using AC68U on 380.66_4 and have two WAN providers in Load Balancing configuration, both via PPPoE. Primary (100MBps) is connected to WAN and secondary (70MBps) into LAN1. The problem is that when I have both ISPs up&running, I notice generally significant lag in sites responses. Sites will randomly not open and most of SSH connections (especially with jumpbox tunnels) won't allow to connect too. What also is interesting, is that my VOD/OTT provider works being opened from a website on any device, while streaming on a SmartTV stops after 5-7 seconds and TV shows "Connection lost" message. BTW even custom routing rules doesn't fix SmartTV issues.
Given these issue above, is there anyone who can shed a light on how this feature works? I've a sysadmin background, and in most of the cases when I was configuring multi-channel WAN on a router, I was configuring router to mark packets, so they will be "affixed" to a certain host. Yes, this won't give full combo speed on a single host, but prevents a lot of problems like mentioned above. Can I configure ASUS similar way or I just should look for a more advanced router?

I use to just run a separate DHCP server in the LAN to assign the desired GW to a particular device, avoiding network traffic troubles.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk