What's new

Dual WAN Failover RT-AC68R

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MrQuique

New Around Here
It seems that the router won't switch to the second WAN unless the ethernet cable from the primary is disconnected or the modem is turned off. Even when the modem has no internet and the first wan appears as disconnected, the secondary WAN won't engage. I wonder if this is this by design. I would think that the modem not having an active internet connection would be sufficient for the failover to engage. My modem is an Arris TG2492LG which keeps the DHCP active regardless of the internet status. I'm blaming the modem for confusing the router but it is impractical to have the router engage the second wan only if there is a total absence of connection instead of an internet signal. Activating network monitoring makes no difference and I would expect that not having a PING return on the primary WAN should be sufficient for the failover to engage.

Last edited: