What's new

Dual WAN Failover ***v2 Release***

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am experiencing the same flapping issue. No rush @Ranger802004 - but any idea(s) on when a new release is slated to deal with that specific issue?

Cheers and thanks as usual :)

More interesting info @Ranger802004

So I hard powered down my ASUS AX88U router (both ISP modems were still powered up), and then powered it back up, and my ISP02 (Secondary WAN) took over as the "Connected" connection, and my ISP01 (Primary WAN) was in "Hot-Standby", but after a minute or so, the Dual WAN Script made ISP01 (Primary WAN), the "Connected" connection, and ISP02 (Secondary WAN) was now in "Hot-Standby".

So I hard powered down my ASUS AX88U router, and brought it up, and my ISP02 (Secondary WAN) took over as the "Connected" connection, and my ISP01 (Primary WAN) was in "Hot-Standby", but after a minute or so, the Dual WAN Script made ISP01 (Primary WAN), the "Connected" connection, and ISP02 (Secondary WAN) was now in "Hot-Standby".
It seems like on some models. It starts with the secondary WAN. The script automatically moves it at boot. On my AC86U it boots with primary wan . So it depends on the model.

So I hard powered down my ASUS AX88U router (both ISP modems were still powered up), and then powered it back up, and my ISP02 (Secondary WAN) took over as the "Connected" connection, and my ISP01 (Primary WAN) was in "Hot-Standby", but after a minute or so, the Dual WAN Script made ISP01 (Primary WAN), the "Connected" connection, and ISP02 (Secondary WAN) was now in "Hot-Standby".
That’s normal behavior from boot up, it boots with WAN1 as Primary.

Hello. The script is great, but unfortunately, after updating to version 2, I have a problem with high CPU usage and 100% packet loss (which causes WAN switching even though the Internet connection is working). Everything worked fine in the final version 1.6. Is it possible to download the previous version of the script?
Cheers and thanks.

Hello. The script is great, but unfortunately, after updating to version 2, I have a problem with high CPU usage and 100% packet loss (which causes WAN switching even though the Internet connection is working). Everything worked fine in the final version 1.6. Is it possible to download the previous version of the script?
Cheers and thanks.
There is a v2.0.1-beta1 available on the beta channel that may resolve this so test that while collecting debug logs please and if you are still having issues i will send you then link v1.6.0 when I get back home.

There is a v2.0.1-beta1 available on the beta channel that may resolve this so test that while collecting debug logs please and if you are still having issues i will send you then link v1.6.0 when I get back home.
I had this version installed, and the problem also occurred (ASUS AX58U, with Diversion and Skynet installed, and Ai Protection enabled). If it's not a problem, could you please provide a link to version 1.6? Thank you very much.

I've given 2.0.1-beta1 a go and I'm getting a log full of:

wan-failover: Debug - failed to set WAN1GWMAC

Didn't get this on 1.6.

Router debug log attached if that's what you need.

Also should I be worried about this warning in the log:

wan-failover: WAN Status - ***Warning*** Compatibility issues with 8.8.4.4 may occur without specifying Outbound Interface

Attachments

• syslog-DS.txt
    23 KB · Views: 24
I had this version installed, and the problem also occurred (ASUS AX58U, with Diversion and Skynet installed, and Ai Protection enabled). If it's not a problem, could you please provide a link to version 1.6? Thank you very much.
Can you provide logs to help me diagnose your issue?

Didn't get this on 1.6.

wan-failover: WAN Status - ***Warning*** Compatibility issues with 8.8.4.4 may occur without specifying Outbound Interface
I will resolve that on next upload and no that just means your router couldn’t ping out to the target with an IP rule specifying the outbound interface in the rule.

I have published a minor revision (v2.0.1-beta2), give it a try and if you are still having issues collect the debug logs for me and the dedicated link to v1.6.0 is located below.

Didn't get this on 1.6.

The WAN1GWMAC issue should be resolved in v2.0.1-beta2, test and let me know. (This is possibly what was causing your CPU spikes)

The WAN1GWMAC issue should be resolved in v2.0.1-beta2, test and let me know. (This is possibly what was causing your CPU spikes)
I wasn't getting CPU spikes but I can confirm that the WAN1GWMAC error is gone and also WAN1 is showing a MAC address in the settings too so all looking good.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!