What's new

Dual wan in AC68U in Balance mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

slonce

New Around Here
Good afternoon everyone. I purchased this E1 revision router - there was an official firmware of the latest version, I tried different versions of the firmware from Merlin but the problem with Dual wan stayed. When you turn on dual wan and connect 2 cables of the same provider, the Internet disappears on the router after 10 minutes. The balance mode is 1: 1. The first 10 minutes all work on hurray (speed on each cable is 100Mbps and as a result we have 200Mbps(20-25Mb) in torrents), but after 10-15 minutes the Internet falls off on all devices, just does not ping google.com from the router itself, although it writes actively. What can I do, tell me !? This function is very necessary but it works 10 minutes after which the Internet generally disappears. Can what scripts are needed or on what firmware it normally works !? I basically bought a router for this function. Very upset by purchase. Thank you, I hope for your help
The solution on the forum did not find, can inattentively searched.

@slonce

register your router here - https://account.asus.com
open ticket with ASUS support and tell them it is not working
install latest Firmware, do factory reset, after issue appears export syslog (LOG) and send them
you need to send them admin password as well, so they can test this issue

you can read more here, I have tested probably every possible setup, still Asus Dual-WAN is FUBAR:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/beta-dual-wan-helper-script-v1-0-beta-3.40401/page-7

Asus Dual-WAN feature (regardless of Failover(Failback) or Load Balancing) simply doesn't work as expected
you need to give them steps how to reproduce this bug (issue) still, they will gang-bang your common sense, so prepare yourself for the battle

be sure to tell them to forward your complaint(s) to Firmware Development Team
after ~3 months, they will offer your to exchange the router, but that doesn't solve the issue, because issue is not in the hardware, it is firmware flow (poor coding) so they need to fix it on firmware level (software)

don't give up, otherwise they will continue to ignore dual-wan issues, and push asus ai mesh and other bs