What's new

Dual WAN ipv6 settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

^Tripper^

Heya. I’ve been messing about with my setup again and would like to confirm behaviour that I’m noticing. I have a dual WAN setup and if I turn on ipv6, the settings for ipv6 would affect both WAN the same correct? For example, one of my ISPs does IPV6 natively and the other does a dual stack. I can only select one setting for both WAN correct?
That has been what I’ve noticed and would just like to confirm if that is expected behaviour.

I’m on a 87U running Merlin’s 384.7_2.

Thank you.

register your router here - https://account.ASUS.com

1. open ticket with ASUS support and explain them your issue with ASUS router!
2. install latest ASUS Firmware
3. do a factory reset
4. after the issue appears export syslog (LOG)
5. save configuration to a file
6. after ASUS replies back to you by e-mail, send them your configuration file, LOG output and admin password, so they can test this issue
7. they will restore your configuration using your admin password and try to reproduce error

be sure to tell ASUS 1st level support to forward your complaint(s) to Firmware Development Team
if it is firmware bug (poor coding, which usually is cause of all issues) they need to fix it on firmware level (source code compiled to firmware)
don't give up, otherwise they will continue to ignore real issues, and push ASUS ai mesh and other bs

ASUS replied. The behaviour observed is correct; ie the IPv6 setting effects both WAN. Leaving this here for reference.