What's new

Dual-WAN static IP on one?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kb0rpj

New Around Here
using ASUSwrt-merlin 380.65, dual wan, WAN-1 is at&t uverse with static IP, WAN-2 is galaxy tab 3, 4g LTE via USB. it was working great until i got the static IP's. now when it failsover it dies, says "Your ISP's DHCP does not function properly" i guess it has something to do with the static IP?

is there anyway to tell the USB side to use DHCP?

I got a similar problem using RT-AC88U. I use Huawei K5150 (unlocked Vodafone) which is a Hilink Modem.
After upgrading to 380.65, every few hours the Main WAN is disconnecting and a ping pong between the WANs is running. The failsafe is set to 48 seconds and the failback is set to 54 seconds. In 380.64_2 it was the same for a while but from some reason it has stopped and was working fine for a month or more.
I have seen Asus has new Firmware as well. I will test is as well as I fear the Merlin has Dual WAN problems.