What's new

Dual-WAN traffic 35.3MB/hour but not active

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AlexHK

Occasional Visitor
I am using a LTE USB Stick (Huawei E3372) in fail-over mode on my AC86U. It always worked like a charm for months.

Past 2 days it started generating 35.3MB traffic per hour without actually being active or the primary WAN failing.

In fact I disabled Dual-WAN yesterday evening and it still generated 35.3MB/hour until today so I removed it for now.

I upgraded to the latest Merlin version maybe a week ago (without the need for restart it seems), so I don't think this coincides and if I understand the changelog there is nothing regarding Dual-WAN that changed.

Before I reconnect the USB stick and enable traffic analyzer (does it actually show WAN0 and WAN1 separately?), does anybody have pointers how I could debug this or what I'd need to look at?

I am logging to an external syslog server, but I didn't see anything suspicious but then I am not very proficient with fail-over or USB modems. Maybe the USB Stick is doing something on its own.

Thanks for any pointers. I am paying for traffic on this LTE stick, so I can't ignore it.

PS: The Huawei E3372 is in stick mode it seems if this matters, there is no web interface on 192.168.8.1 if connected to a computer.

Last edited: