What's new

Dumb beginner question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jasper

New Around Here
Hi,

Probably this is already mentioned several times though I can't find the answer.

I am not thinking about flashing merlin to my ac3200 and wondered if I would have to start over the setup completely or if I can carry on with my pre set ip, Wi-Fi network, VPN etc.

I'm running 3.0.0.4.382_52287-g798e87f

Thanks,

You have to start fresh. Once the firmware is updated, you're dealing w/ a completely different flash configuration (where the router settings are stored and updated). Just keep a record of your current settings so you can apply them to the new firmware.

One more question, now I have smart tri band WiFi network turned on.
For my phones speed it's great.

Though my wife's tablet has issues with 5ghz even within 4 meters it starts switching. Is there a way to keep tri band and force 2.4 to a specific ip/mac?

Hi,

Probably this is already mentioned several times though I can't find the answer.

I am not thinking about flashing merlin to my ac3200 and wondered if I would have to start over the setup completely or if I can carry on with my pre set ip, Wi-Fi network, VPN etc.

Thanks,
Believe me you can't be as much as a beginner as I am and I found it easy . The VPN part of it is much more straight forward than stock firmware IMO

Hi,

Thanks,
Yes. Wireless MAC Filter and block the mac on the 5 GHZ bands.