What's new

Duplicate SSID conflict AI Mesh X86U & X89X

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jeremi

New Around Here
Hi! I’m hoping someone can help me with this.

I am setting up an AI mesh system with an x86u running latest Merlín firmware as main router.

I have 3 X89X satellites running the latest ASUS firmware connected via their 10gbe ports to a QNAP 10gbe managed switch that is between them and the router. All connections are via properly grounded and tested cat 8 cable.

Within the router all the satellites show as properly connected in the ai mesh settings and I can connect to each satellite and do a Speedtest, browse the internet, etc.

I have one MacBook running Catalina and one running Big Sur. I am having connection stability issues with the Catalina MacBook. Things will be working fine and then all of a sudden the computer will begin to detect two identical SSIDs. It will attempt to connect to one of them and then disconnect and try to reconnect. Eventually it will ask me for the wifi password again but will not achieve a stable connection. Rebooting the computer will NOT fix it. Physically disconnecting the satellites by unplugging the cables from the switch will fix it. Restarting the router and reconnecting the satellites will restore stability for a time before the problem repeats.

could this have to do with some setting in the wifi setting or professional tabs in the router? Could someone guide me to proper settings for the wifi in this case to try and remove that variable from the equation?

anyone seen something like this before? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!