What's new

Dynamic Link Aggregation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Glasguy

New Around Here
I have the Asus rt-ac3200 router running the latest version of merlin without any problems. Can someone please confirm is the merlin firmware has LACP, 802.1AX ? Is it enabled by default ? and that Dynamic Link Aggregation is supported.

:)

I have my RT-AC3200 running link aggregation using Merlin's 56_2 release with no problems. This release has the bonding.ko module compiled and available as a loadable module. There are several posts about LAG on the site. I'd start with the Wiki and look for link aggregation there.

There is an updated script that can be found at https://github.com/necross2/asuswrt-merlin that has some updates for the RT-AC3200 port mappings.

I found that the port mappings on the router are reversed. For example, if I specify ports 3 and 4 in the parameters for the link aggregation script, I have to have the cable plugged into ports labeled 1 and 2. There was an earlier post (I don't have the link handy) that discovered that the physical port mapping are different from the labels.

Hope this helps.

I have my RT-AC3200 running link aggregation using Merlin's 56_2 release with no problems. This release has the bonding.ko module compiled and available as a loadable module. There are several posts about LAG on the site. I'd start with the Wiki and look for link aggregation there.

There is an updated script that can be found at https://github.com/necross2/asuswrt-merlin that has some updates for the RT-AC3200 port mappings.

I found that the port mappings on the router are reversed. For example, if I specify ports 3 and 4 in the parameters for the link aggregation script, I have to have the cable plugged into ports labeled 1 and 2. There was an earlier post (I don't have the link handy) that discovered that the physical port mapping are different from the labels.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for taking time to reply. As of this moment I am using Adaptive Load Balancing on my Synology disc station, I will have a look at the script on GitHub and give it a try. What you have provided here will be good for other AC3200 Merlin users. Very much appreciated !

:)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!