What's new

Entware E-mailrelay Package

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

radams

Occasional Visitor
Has anybody had any success with the Entware package "e-mailrelay"? I'm trying to set it up as an email proxy and getting nowhere. I've read the Wiki for it and configured it on my router as instructed but still no go.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hello and good day! I tried installling Entware package "emailrelay" following instructions: https://emailrelay.sourceforge.net/. Now receiving error:

Code:
emailrelay --as-server
emailrelay: error: no such user: daemon

Checking this forum and came across this earlier post ... has anybody had success with the "emailrelay"? Looking to implement cron reports, perfomance monitoring, checking resource capacity, etc., and forwarding to SMTP Google email address (aware/ready for Google App passwords). Is "emailrelay" a good candidate for this project and if so, are configuration examples available? Is another email relay a better option and if so, are configuration examples available?

In advance, your help will be greatly appreciated!

You might have a look at what amtm and diversion do here. Tons of posts about it, and the way other scripts, like dnstats leverage it. I think there might be 1,000 times more folks on that path.

Hello and good day! Response appreciated and sorry for the delayed response, but now returning to this project. Good suggesting (not much traffic with email-relay) and I decided to switch to postfix for email. Researching and learning, but making progress Thanks. Danny.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!