What's new

EA6900 flashed to Merlin, no wireless signal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hou

New Around Here
Hi, I googled this post and I thought maybe @XVortex or other gurus here could help me, thanks in advance.

I flashed my EA6900 v1 with Asus Merlin (EA6900_378.54_2) to get Dual WAN function. After the flash, Dual WAN is working, wireless is OK, but the signal is very poor, so I did a 30-30-30 to reset the router, after reboot I found I don't have wireless signal anymore, I checked NVRAM, found that NVRAM was messed up, all mac address was changed to something starting with 00:90:4C, it's not my router's mac address. I found quite a few posts on internet describing the mac address was changed to this 00:90:4C address, ranging from mobile phone to router. I tried to telnet into my EA6900 and manually update the mac address to the correct one, then do a Commit, after root the mac address is still the wrong one, the wrong mac address was in the base linux system, maybe the NVRAM value is fetched from the base linux file every time router boots?

How do I fix this, I cannot flash a new CFE now, or can I, can someone show me. I just want to get my router working, does not matter if it's Merlin or get back to stock.

Last edited:
No need to bold your text and make it bigger. It's only annoy people.

btw EA6900 isnt supported by RMerlin

No need to bold your text and make it bigger. It's only annoy people.

btw EA6900 isnt supported by RMerlin
I did not BOLD it, maybe accidentally changed font size. Merlin maybe not supported, but I saw it's being mentioned in several forums, including DDWRT forum, so I thought I gave it a try, to get Dual Wan support. The route is not usable now, I just want to get back to stock firmware now.