What's new

EA8500, MU-MIMO, GS7

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NismoZ

Occasional Visitor
I have the EA8500 and 2 Galaxy S7s and a couple other wireless devices. The phones are great, but they do have a known issue with MU-MIMO chipsets. If the router uses MU-MIMO, the GS7 drops back to 1x1, for a max of 433mbps negotiated speeds. On non-mimo routers, it's back to using 2x2 at 866mbps max.

Question, am I better off using MU-MIMO with 1x1, or using a router with non MU-MIMO and using 2x2?

to be honest - disable MU if you can on the AP side.

No negative performance impact there...

to be honest - disable MU if you can on the AP side.

No negative performance impact there...

That's what I figured, better getting the 2x2 bandwidth than MU. Tough part is, Linksys (Belkin) left MU-MIMO switch out of their firmware, smh... So, I guess I need to get a router that has that switch available to disable, or find one that came out right before MU was a thing (AC-RT68). Was that the router with the best performance 5GHz performance/range back then?

On Linky... there's a hidden firmware setting in the WebGUI... I forget the URL at the moment.. There - you can turn it off...

<YourRoutersIP>/ui/dynamic/advanced-wireless.html was it! Thanks man, never knew about that one. Linked up at 866!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!