What's new

EAP 225 V3 - Basically use for one room

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pbc

Regular Contributor
So I currently have an Asus router in my basement, and then an EAP225 on the main floor and an EAP225 on the top floor. But have put an office/den on the main floor at the opposite end of where the EAP225 is connected.

I happen to have another one lying around gathering dust, and was curious what the best way to set it up in the Den would be so that it provides the strongest signal in that room, but doesn't interfere much with the rest of the EAPs. For whatever reason it's mostly when I close the door to the office/den that I start getting choppy connection.

Is it basically the Tx power that I'm adjusting?

I have a wired ethernet line into the den so that isn't an issue.

Thx!

You can adjust the Tx power to the level you like. With 3x EAP225 V3 I would add an OC200 controller and take advantage of all Omada features.

I can't explain it better:

There are many benefits and added features. I would also get a SafeStream ER605 or ER7206 router and JetStream TL-SG1008MP or other with the necessary ports and complete the Omada system with proper PoE powered APs. The budget option is ER605 + TL-SG108PE* + OC200**.

* - not Omada SDN integrated, but doesn't have to be if the budget is limited, it's a Easy Smart switch with own WebUI.
** - Omada SDN is a free software, can be run on a PC, always-on preferred because it controls 802.11k/v/r roaming technologies as well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!