What's new

[EAX-80] - Is another EAX-80 seen as radar?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Flying Dutchman

Regular Contributor
I have 2x an EAX-80. This to cover the whole house with WiFi6.
They are both connected over CAT6 cable to the router and set-up as Access Points.

When I set both AP's 5 GHz band to channel 108 this band is often not starting on both on power-up.

I see the 2.4 GHz band coming up but the 5 GHz band is not there, also not after a long time. When I set the channel to 44 there is no problem. The outdoor AP is not switched on.

Can it be that the 5 GHz signal from one is a radar-like signal for the other which causes the 5 GHz radio to switch off?

I have 2x an EAX-80. This to cover the whole house with WiFi6.
They are both connected over CAT6 cable to the router and set-up as Access Points.

When I set both AP's 5 GHz band to channel 108 this band is often not starting on both on power-up.

I see the 2.4 GHz band coming up but the 5 GHz band is not there, also not after a long time. When I set the channel to 44 there is no problem. The outdoor AP is not switched on.

Can it be that the 5 GHz signal from one is a radar-like signal for the other which causes the 5 GHz radio to switch off?
Hi
I’ve a RAX120 and EAX80.

First assumption: you are in the UK and set parameters to Europe.

If you set two devices to use DFS channels, there is a ‘wait period’ where they listen for any interference traffic before transmitting.

I set both to use DFS and originally tried the 160Hz settings. However after reading about the DFS space, a router can’t determine what the transmission type is so it classes anything in the DFS space as bad. :(. So I reverted to reducing the width to 80hz and selecting normal channels. No problems then.

I came to the same conclusion as it took me half a dozen times to get it to connect to DFS: then the next morning they had dropped and reverted to normal.

Oh: the other thing why I went from 160hz was even setting a non-DFS channel, the width would mean it tried to use them. Caused no end of havoc.

I had to turn mine on in series (router then extender) several times to get a link but was just un stable.

As an aside, as still having problems in extender mode as the throughout just dies to a few MB and latency problems.

So In summary, change the settings to 80Hz and a non-DFS one and try that :)

Hi,

As the "Flying Dutchman" of this forum I thought it would be obvious that I am from The Netherlands.....o_O
I have stopped using the DFS band as too many times the EAX80 reverted back to the normal channels (48). Why trying when it doesn't work.....

Regarding the bandwidth, there is no setting for that. I only see the wireless speed, which I have set to 4800 Mbps. I suppose that the bandwidth is related to this setting.

So far it is working ok in small letters. The hand-over can be better, much better .... :(

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!