Echo Show Device - Ding Dong someone is at your front door with The Ring Doorbell

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
Anyone else had their Amazon Show randomly say Ding Dong someone is at your front door out of the blue when no one is there ?

It only happen to us twice but late at night :(

Is this a glitch or my network ?

Trying to prevent it. Does not happen a lot but still. I will be forced to switch otherwise.
I don’t think it is a delayed alert because no one was there hours ago either or even days ago.

Trying to get to the root cause of this.

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
Anyone else had their Amazon Show randomly say Ding Dong someone is at your front door out of the blue when no one is there ?

It only happen to us twice but late at night :(

Is this a glitch or my network ?

Trying to prevent it. Does not happen a lot but still. I will be forced to switch otherwise.
I don’t think it is a delayed alert because no one was there hours ago either or even days ago.

Trying to get to the root cause of this.

I would contact the Ding Dong's Support and ask them why their product/your account is sending you false alerts. And leave your network out of it until proven otherwise.

OE

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
I would contact the Ding Dong's Support and ask them why their product/your account is sending you false alerts. And leave your network out of it until proven otherwise.

OE

That is what I did and I am doing but wanted to make sure it can't happen with flakey home network or something.

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
That is what I did and I am doing but wanted to make sure it can't happen with flakey home network or something.

I doubt it. Is your network flaky?

OE

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture

Yeah, my money is on some quirky IoT device/app/account behavior... and they have likely seen it before. Let us know what you find out... it's sort of funny, like kids on Halloween ringing doorbells and running off! :)

OE

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
Yeah, my money is on some quirky IoT device/app/account behavior... and they have likely seen it before. Let us know what you find out... it's sort of funny, like kids on Halloween ringing doorbells and running off! :)

OE

I agree.

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
Found out nothing so far just one reply from Ring support. Oh well.

They told me to let them know if it happens again lol.

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
Found out nothing so far just one reply from Ring support. Oh well.

They told me to let them know if it happens again lol.

ah HA! They're working on it! :)

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!