What's new

Edgerouter Lite - need advice on which IPv6 config

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ddaenen1

Very Senior Member
So my ERL3 runs smooth and stable now doing everything it should be doing and doing an excellent job in replacing my RT-AC88u as router :)

Only one thing missing to get all the functionality back, IPv6. The modem of my ISP is a HGW which has a router built in which i need because the STB for the TV requires a direct connection to the HGW for it to fully function so i basically have the STB connected to one switch port and my router to another port mapped static and with DMZ. With the RT-AC88u, IPv6 worked perfect as it was configured as "passthrough". When i added the NG switch to the network, this continued to function.

Going back to the ERL3, I did a factory default yesterday and ran the basic setup wizard again, this time with IPv6 enabled. The result of this was Eth0 (WAN) receiving an IPv6 from the HGW but Eth1 (LAN) did not get any.

Screenshot 2019-03-30 at 10.10.02.png

Also, CPU load increased 5x so something was not right. By default, the wizard configures DCHPv6-DP but i understand there are other options. I just don't know which IPv6 configuration would represent the "passthrough" i had in the Asus router.

Hoping that someone can guide me in the right direction.

Have looked at your TV bypassing the router. Ubiquiti may have a way to do this. It may be related to a VLAN on the WAN side. Those video streams are not firewall they just pass through. I don't have it so I have not played with it but some of the Cisco guys have front ended the TV streams. You should post out on the Ubiquiti forums.

Have looked at your TV bypassing the router. Ubiquiti may have a way to do this. It may be related to a VLAN on the WAN side. Those video streams are not firewall they just pass through. I don't have it so I have not played with it but some of the Cisco guys have front ended the TV streams. You should post out on the Ubiquiti forums.

i have looked into it and it might be possible to get the STB behind my switch using IGMP snooping but for me that is a non-issue at the moment. I am only interested in learning how i can configure my ERL3 to pass through the IPv6 to all the devices in the network. With the Asus, it worked like a charm.