What's new

Eero 6 or Technicolor DGA0122 for USB storage?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jonathan Dixon

Occasional Visitor
Hi

I'm about to upgrade to full fibre and have a query about the router options.

Of the two options I'm looking at, one gives an Eero 6 and the other a Technicolor DGA0122.

My current setup has an external USB hard drive connected to an Asus AC68U which I use as a network drive and I'd really like to keep this functionality.

Of these two routers, would either be able to replicate the Asus functionality? I've not yet looked into configuring my Asus router for the new connection, but its quite old and has had a few hangs so I'd like to use one of the free routers if possible.

Has anyone any comments on network storage with these routers, or any other comments in general?

Thanks

Of the two options I'm looking at, one gives an Eero 6 and the other a Technicolor DGA0122.

If you attach storage to a carrier/operater provided gateway - they have total visibility into the attached device via TR-069 ACS (the management and provisioning platform for xdsl modems)

Even though the ports and services are available on the DGA0122, I can't recommend using it because of the privacy concerns...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!