What's new

Email notifications?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Keenan

What is the rule for email notifications? This site seems to stop sending thread post notifications randomly resulting in having to go to the site cold and find the threads I've subscribed to in order to catch up with the conversation.

Why does it do that? Am I not doing something correctly on my end?

Thanks

Seems to work for me. If there's a new post in the thread it sends an email. Then it won't send another one until you go back to the site (whilst logged in) and read the thread. Only then will it start sending emails again.

Seems to work for me. If there's a new post in the thread it sends an email. Then it won't send another one until you go back to the site (whilst logged in) and read the thread. Only then will it start sending emails again.
That exact thread or any thread that you've subscribed to? I ask because I'm virtuality certain I've done exactly that and yet the next thing I know I'm not getting any more notifications. Then I'll get a few random notifications and then I realize that I'm 10-20 posts behind in another thread.

I'm just wondering how the logic works, do you need to go to the thread each and every time and do you have to do that for each and every thread you receive a notification for?

Okay, so if I miss one, for any thread at all, then that's it, no more notifications?

I still have issues with this. The Merlin FW threads are a prime example. I'll respond to every email notification in those threads and I'll get more notifications but eventually, they'll just stop coming and I have to hunt down the thread and load it up in the browser before the notifications start coming again.

I've used several different emails with the primary being a Gmail addy, I've unsubscribed to the threads and then resubscribed and still, I'll eventually stop getting notifications. I have no idea what's causing it but it is definitely happening. Lucky me, I guess.:D

I still have issues with this. The Merlin FW threads are a prime example. I'll respond to every email notification in those threads and I'll get more notifications but eventually, they'll just stop coming and I have to hunt down the thread and load it up in the browser before the notifications start coming again.

I suspect this might be some hidden feature of Xenforo, because I saw the same behaviour on another site where I do rely on notification. From time to time notifications would stop coming in for some threads, and I had to re-watch these threads. Maybe thread notifications get disabled after a certain time.

I suspect this might be some hidden feature of Xenforo, because I saw the same behaviour on another site where I do rely on notification. From time to time notifications would stop coming in for some threads, and I had to re-watch these threads. Maybe thread notifications get disabled after a certain time.
Yeah, I've done the same, unwatch and rewatch and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I've used several different email addys and that doesn't make any difference either. I've pretty much given up on it ever working correctly.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!