What's new

EMB-BT1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

adrhc

New Around Here
Hi, I noticed the new EMB-BT1 (http://www.aaeon.com/en/p/mini-itx-emb-bt1/) and I want to build a NAS using it. My primary concern is power consumption then the ability to access the external connections: LAN, USB, HDMI, DC power connector. I will use 2 x 3.5" HDD (Seagate NAS HDD) and 1 x USB 2.0 HDD (Samsung 1T).
I have few questions:
1) How would one compute/know what PSU to consider (60W or more) ?
EMB-BT1 requires ATX 12 V Specification 2.0 (or later version). I'm sure that for my needs (EMB-BT1, 2 x 3.5" HDD + 1 x USB 2.0 HDD) 60W should be more than sufficient but what if I can't find a such low power PSU; would one more powerful (e.g. 150W) hurt or consume more power only because the PSU is more powerful ? (yeah, I know nothing obout electricity :) )
2) Should I search for a case specifically made for the EMB-BT1 in order to have access the side-connectors ?
I mean EMB-BT1 is indeed Mini-ITX but it has a particular shape for the side with connectors (the one containing the DC power connector) which I suspect it's not standard.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!