1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Enabling Link Aggregation via NVRAM?

Discussion in 'ASUS AC / AX Routers & Adapters' started by JDB, Aug 20, 2018.

1. JDB

JDB Very Senior Member

Hi,

So I have a new NAS coming which will be connected to an AiMesh Node (RT-AC5300). Also directly connected to the same node are the devices most commonly using the NAS.

As such, it would be nice to enable the Link Aggregation between the NAS and AiMesh Node.

Problem is the AiMesh Node allows no Web GUI interaction so I can't enable it. I do have SSH access to the Node though so was hoping to be able to set an NVRAM value (on the basis that the Web GUI must do similar?) to enable it.

Anyone know if this is indeed possible?!

Otherwise, I have this option https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Link-Aggregation - which I could drive from my @RMerlin AC88U which would have to SSH to the Node periodically, check if the bond exists, and if not remotely execute the scripts etc... Though this approach is obviously not favoured!

Many Thanks in advance :)

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. JDB

JDB Very Senior Member

So I managed to work this out;

nvram set lacp=1
    nvram set lacp_enabled=1
    nvram set lacpdebug=0
    nvram set lacpdev=vlan1
    nvram set lacpmode=1
    nvram set lacpports="1 2"
    nvram commit
    reboot

It should work the same on the RT-AC88U, just change this one line due to the different internal port mapping;
    nvram set lacpports="2 3"

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!