What's new

Engenius EIR900

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

keenanj

Regular Contributor
Has anyone tried the EIR900 dual band 450Mbps gigabit router I have been testing it with good results but looking for some feedback.

The router also make a pretty good NAS with a powered hard drive attached I get around 20MBps.

I've tested one. This was an early unit so I suspect there will be some firmware updates. Overall a pretty good unit with good speeds. Using jperf and settling on 9 parallel streams, I noted about 940 Mbps thruput LAN to LAN. 2.4GHz wireless to LAN using 3 streams (450Mbps link rate @ less than 20' away) I got a little over 150 Mbps and at 5GHz a little over 160 Mbps. Compared to my Asus N56u wireless router, the Asus is a little faster in the gig switching thruput (972 Mbps), about the same 2.4GHz signal strength but the EIR900 did do a little better in the 5GHz spectrum.

One bug I found was that turning on QOS/IntelliStream greatly degraded thruput speeds no matter what PC or android device I used or application ran....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!