What's new

EnGenius Now Shipping Budget-Priced Dual-Band Mesh Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
engenius-esr530-mesh.jpg
With an MSRP of $69.99, EnGenius’ new ESR530 is a dual-band wireless AC router that can grow up to an 8-node wireless mesh network.

Powered by Qualcomm, the new mesh product was designed for the consumer market and includes seamless roaming and self-healing - functions typically found in today’s mesh wireless systems.

Customers can attach a USB storage device to the ESR530 and use EnGenius’ EnFile app to access their stored data from their mobile devices, giving them remote access from where ever they are. A second app, EnMesh, is a management tool that lets customers set up and manage their ESR530-based network remotely, letting owners manage features like guest networking and parental controls. Additional ESR530 nodes are easily added with the router’s auto-connect feature, simplifying the growth of a bigger wireless network.

The EnGenius ESR530 is available now, individually for $69.99 and in a two-pack for 129.99 (both MSRP). Also listed on the linked Engenius' Smart Router page is a tri-band ESR580 marked "Coming Soon".

wow, what a poorly marketed product.

their website has no information on any ports like usb power ethernet

no setup screen details or options, nothing about guest ssid :( useless.

their entire page is; "just buy this puck and our app with figure it out".

The ESR580 with 2 5GHz. radios ("tri-band") looks more interesting to me. I'd need to see this tested and reviewed, though, before I'd consider using it, of course.

The marketing focus here, as with most mesh wireless systems, is simplicity...they've gone to extremes, though, to not specify much of anything *smile*.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!