What's new

Entware Entware bus error

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stfn

Occasional Visitor
Things took a strange turn: Entware won't run anymore, only prompting a
Bus error

Amtm also has problems running properly. Diversion throws a bunch of
/opt/bin/diversion: line 46: /opt/bin/grep: Accessing a corrupted shared library

Upgrading Entware from Amtm fails, I can see Bus error pop up briefly before it reverts back to the main menu.

Listing installed scripts and Entware packages throws these errors:
Bus error
List of installed Entware packages (0)

/usr/sbin/amtm: line 161: column: Accessing a corrupted shared library

Entware Apps installed in /opt/bin/ (32)

Non-Entware Scripts installed in /opt/bin/ (4)

Entware Apps installed in /opt/sbin/ (2)

I've already formatted JFFS partition to no avail. Any ideas? Would love to not reset the entire router, if somehow possible.

Update: in the meantime I've manually (installer script) reinstall Entware. It does somewhat run now, but it throws a weird path path error:
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/opt/tmp//opt/lib': Input/output error.
* make_directory: Cannot create directory `/opt/tmp//opt/lib': Input/output error.

I tried reinstalling grep (as there seemed to have been a corrupted package) but it throws a bunch of errors (again with what looks like a path problem to me):
* pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/terminfo.list: No such file or directory.
* pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/column.list: No such file or directory.
* pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/locales.list: No such file or directory.

Bus error

/opt/bin/diversion: line 46: /opt/bin/grep: Accessing a corrupted shared library

Upgrading Entware from Amtm fails, I can see Bus error pop up briefly before it reverts back to the main menu.

Bus error

I've already formatted JFFS partition to no avail. Any ideas? Would love to not reset the entire router, if somehow possible.

Update: in the meantime I've manually (installer script) reinstall Entware. It does somewhat run now, but it throws a weird path path error:

I tried reinstalling grep (as there seemed to have been a corrupted package) but it throws a bunch of errors (again with what looks like a path problem to me):
* pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/terminfo.list: No such file or directory.
* pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/column.list: No such file or directory.
* pkg_get_installed_files: Failed to open //opt/lib/opkg/info/locales.list: No such file or directory.
What firmware and router model?

Seems like the USB drive is dead.

Bus error

Bus error

Your attached storage device fails. Format it with amtm and install new, or better, replace the device. amtm resides in /jffs, while Diversion is embedded in the Entware file structure. Entware runs off of the device.

No, if your budget allows, many people believe it to be a superior option.