What's new

amtm Error Updating amtm and Diversion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kal1975

Regular Contributor
I'm trying to update amtm and it shows:

! Diversion: diversion.ch unreachable
! using fallback server diversion.ch
! amtm: diversion.ch unreachable
Third party script update(s) available! Use
the scripts own update function to update.

Asuswrt-Merlin firmware update available!
See https://asuswrt-merlin.net/download

I tried to ping diversion.ch from cli and it worked.

I'm running an older version of the firmware, version 384.19. The router is remote and I'm planning on updating the firmware at some point in the near future, but not now.

What to check? How to fix?

I'm trying to update amtm and it shows:

I tried to ping diversion.ch from cli and it worked.

I'm running an older version of the firmware, version 384.19. The router is remote and I'm planning on updating the firmware at some point in the near future, but not now.

What to check? How to fix?
Are you running Skynet by chance? Perhaps doing country blocking? See if you can add it to your whitelist?

Good thought and I am running Skynet.

So, I tried to add diversion.ch to the whitelist and it says it can't because it's already there.

Good thought and I am running Skynet.

So, I tried to add diversion.ch to the whitelist and it says it can't because it's already there.
Maybe a temporary dns/internet issue... or possibly your ISP blocking them? See if it works on a separate browser from that end?

That's an old topic and a search would have found plenty info, the problem are expired root CA that come with the firmware, see here: https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-ca-x3-expiration-september-2021/

I have coded a solution for routers that run old(er) firmware to still get by. However, if there is a newer firmware for your router, install it first as the security should be top priority and the router is the centerpiece for that.

For those that cannot or will not update the routers firmware, see my helper script instructions here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac87u-all-download-attempts-failed.75049/page-2#post-734277

Yes...my bad.

I did a search with several words but many hits came up. I went through the first 2 or 3 pages at looked at the ones that seemed relevant. Very active forum.

After doing more testing found it was a certificate issue and saw how amtm was updated and where it was stored. Then found the workaround and decided I didn't need to update it at this very moment...moved up the firmware upgrade for this router. It's remote and need to figure out the best way to do it or time it when I'm onsite.

Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!