What's new

Error when flashing AC66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gibby13

New Around Here
Just picked up my AC66U, so far not toooo impressed with it yet for $200. It is adding to my other AP's I already have. I have one dedicated to G, N 2.5, N 5 and now this that I will use both 2.4 and 5 with N only clients. I am using it in AP mode and I am quite disappointed with the lack of monitoring and statistics it shows. Plus the number of clients it says are connected is wrong, must grab it from the ARP tablel, but o well, works decent when in default mode and I get more details and statistics but sometimes it tries to route out the WAN port instead of my default gateway.

I have tried the last 3 firmware versions and the 2 beta versions, I keep receiving the following error when I try to flash

Firmware upgrade fail. It may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.

It would be nice if we could get checksums of the files when we download.

Any ideas?

Are you making sure to unzip the trx file from the zip file before uploading to router?

How do I delete this thread........... ;)

That's also the reason why I don't bother with checksums - the content of zip files is checksummed :)