What's new

vnStat Estimated wrong?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

QuikSilver

Very Senior Member
Based on the numbers below the estimated portion is wrong or am I wrong in how that works?
1655039150030.png

Last edited:
Maybe not daily? Monthly.

Maybe not daily? Monthly.
Even so math still off....Not a big deal. More cosmetic for me but some may rely on it more with data caps.

Even so math still off....Not a big deal. More cosmetic for me but some may rely on it more with data caps.
The maths is correct (ignoring minor rounding errors in the display). It is what it says it is, an estimate of what this month's figures will be at the end of the month. Hence the reason for the black section of the bar for the current month.

e.g. The current month's figures were taken at 09:00 on day 12, i.e. 11.375 days of data. June has 30 days. So 105.72 / 11.375 * 30 = 278.8

I think some of the confusion comes from the way there is a line drawn underneath the current month's figures. This gives the impression that the "estimated" line is a total or an average of all the lines above, which it's not.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!